Saturday, August 10, 2013

Path to Purpose


"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 ESV


  This is a pretty well known verse. You've probably read it before, right? I know I have personally read this, heard this, and seen this written more than I can count. So easily I skim over these verses or pretend I fully get what they are saying... Hardly do I ever grasp the full picture verses like these are painting. I've heard it a million times, but just today it was different. Just another instance where I was reminded that God's Word is alive and living. I am at a pivotal point in my life with so many different roads to take. I want to travel the path that Jesus leads me on... but sometimes (like recently for example) that path looks very, very blurry. I can't hardly see where I am going! Not only that, but the moves I have made lately don't seem to be the right ones. What I am learning is that the path Jesus leads me on may not look exactly like I think it will. It also may take me a few times to get it right. I am willing to make some drastic, scary decisions that don't really make sense in order to be where He wants me to be. I am at peace with this by knowing two things: -God is working every little thing together for my good even when I mess up or feel like I took the long way around. -I am called according to His purpose for my life no matter what they scenery along the way.

  So, what do you say? Let's read Romans 8:28 and believe that today He is working on our behalf. Even if you feel like you're running in circles. Trust that He who called you to your purpose in Him, will see you through to the end.


"Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, 'This is the way you should go,' whether to the right or to the left." Isaiah 30:21 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment